RESEARCH SCIENTIST To develop new therapies for patients.
Essential skills and attributes:
- A PhD in Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology, or Virology.
- Basic molecular biology skills (DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, RT-qCR, ELISA).
- Competence in various tissue culture techniques.
- Expertise in development and execution of cell-based assays (using plate readers or flow cytometry).
- Experience in handling and growing of viruses.
- Proven track record of success in your research.
- Awareness of health and safety regulations in a laboratory environment.
- Evidence of strong communication, presentation and IT skills.
- Depth of understanding and enthusiasm for cancer therapy approaches.
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and who can adapt to the changing business needs of a start-up company.
- Be able to work in the UK
Desirable for the role
- Hands-on experience in gene targeting of viruses.
- Experience working in the field of immuno-oncology or immunology.
- Experience in tissue processing and IHC
- Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process
Do you want to develop viral therapies for the treatment of cancer? Are you ready to grow with us as our start-up journey unfolds? If so, would love to hear from you!